Believe in yourself to unleash the hero that resides in you.
I birthed this post originally 2 years ago while doing the dishes on a good evening. My mind wandered off towards the great movie “FANTASTIC FOUR”, I reminisced on how Victor, Reed, Ben, Johnny & Susan transformed and something caught my attention. I realized what they transformed to was actually based on their Initial Personality i.e what & who they really are on the inside (Their inner man).
I can’t remember a scene in the movie where what I’m saying was acted or explained. We were just made to believe; Victor became the Steel (Metal man), Sue became the Invisible woman, Ben (Thing) became the Hefty man, Johnny became the Human torch and Reed (Mr. Fantastic) became the Stretchy man.
– Come to think of it, Victor was the one who has a metal sculpture made for him in the first scene and till the end of the movie, he had a great thirst for power. He wanted to be invincible.
– Sue (Susan) is just very comfortable with being a scientist. She doesn’t want the limelight and popularity that comes with being an hero. She wanted a NORMAL life where people doesn’t have to know her. She wanted to hide behind the scenes (be invisible) and live like regular people.
– Ben, the big boy, he was the fearless one who actually faced the storm in the space. He does the heavy lifting, fighting, defends and protects Reed on a normal day so he got a good dose of heaviness when he transformed to have more strength and power to save the world.
– Johnny, the cute guy who was so all over himself. He feels he’s hot and he dates hot babes too. He craves for attention and can go to any length to be noticed. The Fire-power seems touché for him because flame can’t be hidden.
– Reed (Mr. Fantastic) on the other hand is a scientist with high curiosity. He loves what he does and was always ready to expand his scope. He could go extra miles to see to getting solutions to scientific problems. He was able to stretch himself farther than his comfort zone even when he had to work alongside Sue after she dumped him.
So far, using the main characters in FANTASTIC FOUR, I discovered that whether Natural or Supernatural, you become what you are on the inside. Your thoughts and confessions becomes you. Everything you become or attracts starts from the inside (You are what you eat or so the says go) and that’s why there is need to feed your inner man right so it can produce the right fruit on the outside. You need to tap into the positive side of you to see the good things about you spring forth on the outside. Your fears becomes you or so the quote goes too. Step out of your comfort zone and choose to be optimistic about life. Don’t be deceived, there will definitely be storms but Peace definitely comes afterward. You have all it takes to get there.
We all have a HERO sitting deep in us and we don’t have to be exposed to some radioactive materials before we become the hero, all we need to do is bring out the best in ourselves and every situation we find ourselves and the KING in us will emerge. . . Remember, No matter how small the light is, it terrifies the darkness *strictly my quote*.
I’m sorry I can’t help it, some posts can’t just be short.